2022, October 24th - Masterclass "The potential of sand rivers for improved water harvesting and water resources development in arid areas"
A Masterclass organized in the framework of FAO's "Building Forward Better" project
2020, April 24th -Conference Integrated Water Resources Management in the Rural-Urban Transition of Mozambique: Research Projects in Dialogue
2019, October 24th - Open Workshop: Water-Ecosystems Management for Resilient Cities
2019, October 21st - Seminar: Catchment-scale water balance: Lumped models and hydrologic spaces - Speaker: Edoardo Daly Download supplementary material
2019, April 4th - Seminar: Soil and water conservation and soil fertility management in agroecosystems of Northern Ethiopia" Prof. Shimbahri Mesfin Gebreslase (Department of Land Resource Management and Environmental Protection – Mekelle University, Ethiopia).
2019, February 15th - Masterclass on Fog Collection
Online One Day Masterclass: Fog collection for water management and sustainable forestry
2018, December 13th - Conference: "La passione per la cooperazione. Attività della Scuola di Agraria dal 2016 al 2018 e prospettive future. In ricordo di Mario Falciai"
1. Elena Bresci e Federico Preti. "In Ricordo di Mario Falciai"
2. Elena Bresci. "Le attività di Cooperazione del dipartimento GESAAF"
3. Maria Teresa Ceccherini. "Le attività di Cooperazione del dipartimento DISPAA"
4. Stefano Barontini. "Traditional irrigation between combat against desertification and cultural interaction"
5. Frank van Steenbergen. "The Future of Agriculture: a Driver for Social Change in the South of the World"
6. Francesco Pavani, vincitore Riconoscimento Accademico Mario Falciai 2018. “Analisi e proposte progettuali per l'approvvigionamento idrico in quattro villaggi del Parco Nazionale Marino di Lampi, Myanmar”
2018, December 10th Seminar: Traditional and Innovative Water Harvesting for Landscape Change
Speaker: Frank van Steenbergen
2018, November 13th - Seminar: Land degradation and combating desertification in Tunisia
1. Ouessar_Land Degradation and Combating Desertification (with focus on Tunisia)
2. Dall'Osteria_Study on fog harvest (2013-2017) in the Agricultural Community Peña Blanca- Chile
3. Castelli_Fog collection as a strategy to sequester carbon in drylands
2018, November 11th - Seminar: Water harvesting in the dry areas: diversity and impact assessment
2018, September 27th - Seminar: "Research, Monitoring and Evaluation: Concepts, Methods and Application"
During the seminar, COSPE Onlus will present its activities and possibility of internships for students
1. Zobaer Ahmed
2018, Februeary 21st - Water Harvesting Lab Activities in Ethiopia
The seminar will introduce and discuss the most recent research activities of the Water Harvesting Lab of the Department of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Systems (GESAAF) in Ethiopia, in Cooperation with Mekelle University.
The seminar presented the international research activates realised by the GESAAF, the Institute of Water and Environment of the University of Mekelle (Ethiopia) and the research centre MetaMeta (the Netherlands). The topics covered by the collaboration are water management in arid areas, microclimate management for rural resilience, water harvesting and capacity building. The research undergone and the exchange programs of MSc, PhD students and Academic staff were presented